Preston was contracted to design and build an industrial ammonia refrigeration system for a new turkey kill and processing facility.
- Meet outlined operational needs
- Procurement and installation of all major equipment including (83) evaporators, (2) refrigerated make-up air units, (6) high side compressors, (1) swing compressor, (6) booster compressors, (5) condensers, (1) 24-point auto purger, (10) shell and tube heat exchangers, (1) subcooling shell and tube heat exchanger, § (2) de-super heater shell and tube heat exchangers, (4) vessel packages, (1) TR plate and frame chiller for the chilled glycol system, and (2) ice makers.
- (2) Temperature zones: -40°F and +20°F.
- Installation, insulation, painting and tagging of piping, tanks, and valves.
- Fabrication of custom stairs to access condensers
- Plant air balance system
- Engine room ventilation and ammonia detection system
- Refrigeration system duct work
- Drain lines
- Sump tank and condenser water piping
- Pressure relief system
- Ammonia reclaim system
- Development and integration of a PLC controls system
- PSM planning
- Load and start-up
- Facility supports processing of 90,000 turkeys per day
- System utilizes 95,000 lbs. of ammonia, 6,300 horsepower, and has 18” suction piping on -40 degrees Fahrenheit system