Preston was contracted to design and construct an industrial ammonia refrigeration system with snap chill for a new hog kill and processing facility.
- Meet outlined operational needs.
- Procurement and installation of all major equipment including: (237) evaporators, (9) refrigerated make-up air units, (2) high side compressors, (1) swing compressor, (7) medium side compressors, (5) booster compressors, (7) condensers, (4) vessel packages, snap chill system, casings water chiller, and plasma chiller.
- (3) Temperature zones: -40 °F (24” dry suction), +12 °F System (20” dry suction) & +25 °F System (14” dry suction)
- Plant air balance system
- Engine room ventilation and ammonia detection system
- Refrigeration system duct work
- Drain lines
- Sump tank and condenser water piping
- Pressure relief system
- Ammonia reclaim system
- Development and integration of a PLC controls system
- PSM planning
- Load and start-up
- Facility processes 20,000 hogs per day
- System utilizes 80,000lb of ammonia charge