Preston was contracted to design and build an industrial ammonia refrigeration system for a new dry sausage processing facility.
- Meets initial operational needs with future expansion capabilities
- Procurement and installation of all major equipment including (58) evaporators and (5) refrigerated make-up air units
- (2)Temperature zones: +7°F and +25°F.
- Installation, insulation, painting and tagging of piping, tanks, and valves.
- Engine room ventilation and ammonia detection system
- Refrigeration system duct work
- Drain lines
- Sump tank and condenser water piping
- Pressure relief system
- Development and integration of a controls system
- PSM planning
- Load and start-up
- System utilizes 70,000 lbs. of ammonia, 2,800 horsepower, and has 20” suction piping on +25 degrees Fahrenheit
- Preston Fabrication built and installed (63) valve control stations and a custom 21,000 gallon stainless steel water tank
- The job called for 80% of the refrigeration system to be installed within the interstitial space of the facility. This included the hanging of all refrigerated make-up air units from the ceiling.