Preston was contracted to design and build a new industrial ammonia refrigeration system for an existing bacon co-packer facility.
- Meet current operational needs with future expansion capabilities
- Modernize and expand engine room
- Procurement and installation of all major equipment including (24) evaporators, (2) refrigerated make-up air units, (4) high side compressors, (2) low side compressors, (1) swing compressor, (2) condensers, (1) 16-point auto purger, and the relocation of (2) used condensers.
- (2) Temperature zones: -28°F and +15°F.
- Installation, insulation, painting and tagging of piping, tanks, and valves.
- Engine room ventilation and ammonia detection system
- Refrigeration system duct work
- Drain lines
- Sump tank and condenser water piping
- Pressure relief system
- Development and integration of a controls system
- PSM planning
- Load and start-up
- Demo of old system
- It was critical to the client that they did not experience any downtime during construction. Preston built the new refrigeration system while the old system remained operational. Once the new system was online, the outdated system was removed.