Preston was contracted to design and build an industrial ammonia refrigeration system for a new bacon packaging and Sous Vide facility.
- Meet current operational needs size for future installation of IQF Tunnels and spiral freezers.
- Procurement and installation of all major equipment including: (65)evaporators, (5) refrigerated make-up air units, (11) make-up air units for sanitation, (6) high side compressors, (1) swing compressor, (4) booster compressors, (3) 1,030 TR condensers, (1) 16-point auto purger, (3) vessel packages, (1) plate and frame heat exchanger used to chill water for an industrial Sous Vide system, (1) plate and frame heat exchanger used to chill glycol for an R&D spam line, (1) falling film heat exchanger used to chill water for an industrial Sous Vide system, (3) underfloor Glycol heating systems for low temperature rooms, and (10) exhaust fans used for sanitation.
- (2)Temperature Zones: -45°F (16” dry suction) and +18°F (18” dry suction).
- Installation, insulation, painting and tagging of piping, tanks, and valves.
- Fabrication and installation a of 12,000-gallon condenser sump and pumps
- Engine room ventilation
- Ammonia detection system
- Pump out/ ammonia reclaim system
- Development and integration of a controls system
- PSM planning
- Load and start-up